Eng. Charles Bakaki holds a Master’s degree in Pavement Engineering and is a Corporate Member of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers and a Registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board of Uganda. Eng Bakaki has over 22 years of post-graduate professional civil engineering experience and is a founder member of PEC, as well as the Manager of the Transport Engineering Division. Eng. Bakaki’s experience includes the following:
– Design of road pavements;
– Team leadership on road design projects;
– Project management and contract administration of civil engineering infrastructure projects;
– Planning, design and tender documentation for major road engineering projects;
– Team leadership on technical support units for the design, tender documentation and supervision of rural district roads;
– Supervision of electricity, telephone and water services relocation projects;
– Supervision of major highway construction projects;
– Contract management, claims evaluation and mitigation of claims on civil engineering infrastructure projects;
– Traffic flow related studies including traffic surveys, forecasting of traffic growth and development of origin-destination matrices for trip model assignments;
– Development and implementation of ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 9001-2015 quality management systems for civil engineering consultancies;
– Preparation of Technical & Financial Proposals for road projects
– Technical and operations Management of Engineering Consultancies.
More importantly, during his extensive professional career, Eng. Bakaki’s professional integrity has been beyond reproach and his strict adherence to professional ethics is a cornerstone of PEC’s approach to business.