Eng Michael M. Wetala holds a Masters in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil). He is a founding member of PEC. He is a Corporate Member of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers and a Registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board of Uganda. His rapidly progressing professional career, which spans over 21 years of excellence in civil engineering consultancy, has seen his career develop to the level of Resident Engineer on civil engineering projects.
Eng. Wetala’s experience includes the following, among others:
- Feasibility studies and designs of roads;
- Feasibility studies and designs of water supply systems especially in rural growth centres;
- Team Leadership on supervision of infrastructure projects;
- Project Management and contract administration of civil engineering infrastructure projects;
- Contract Management, claims evaluation and mitigation of claims on road projects;
- Supervision of major highway construction road works projects;
- Supervision of relocation of utilities such as electricity, telephone and water services;
- Traffic flow related studies including traffic surveys and forecasting of traffic growth;
- Implementation of ISO 9001-2015 quality management systems for engineering consultancy companies;
- Preparation of technical and financial proposals for water and road projects;
- Knowledgeable in the application of some CAD software.
Michael is known for his good interpersonal skills and professional integrity. PEC is therefore fortunate to have Eng. Wetala as part of the core human resource.